free pregnancy testing you can go to pharmacies, your doctor or visit the daily drop-in at:
Sexual Health D & G, Nithbank, Dumfries DG1 2SD.
out if you are pregnant, a pregnancy test needs to be carried out. This
is done with a kit that can test the presence of a hormone that is found
in a woman's urine when a fertilised egg implants in the womb.
This test can be carried out accurately, three weeks after unprotected sexual intercourse or if you have missed a period and think you may be pregnant.
Frendz - Pregnancy Crisis CentreFrendz is a free confidential service run by professionally trained volunteers providing help for women and families facing a crisis pregnancy or post abortion stress by providing the following
- pregnancy testing
- support in exploring options in an unplanned pregnancy
- practical support for a woman struggling through a pregnancy
- post abortion counselling
You can contact Frendz as follows:
- Helpline Daily 9pm-11pm 01387 252288
- Appointments can be made at other times on request by email (email@example.com) or phone / answering machine (01387 252288)